Moving to a different state? Then we are here to help. Moving is known to be a stressful time however, there are things you can do to make moving easier. So, whether you have found a new dream home or are moving to a new job and house we have 5 tips on moving your belongings interstate.
Tips for Moving State to State
There are many tips and tricks that you can read to make the move run as smooth as possible. We have narrowed down the list to the top 5 tips you need to know.
- Only Take What You Need – When you are moving to a new home you should only take what you need or want. Take this as a chance to declutter. Whatever you do not want can be sold, donated or taken away by rubbish removal. This a fresh start so don’t take household items you do not need.
- Consider Removals or Trailer Hire – If you are moving to a different state you have the option to hire a removal service, a trailer or a van. A removal service can load up the van and drive to your new home or you can hire a trailer or removal van to be driven by you. You can cut down costs by using online trailer hire for moving interstate. There are also lots of trailers to choose from in different sizes, with roofs or without and you can get caged trailers for large furniture to. Hiring trailers is more convenient to as you can gradually move your items and you can also move on times and dates that suit you. Whereas with a hired service you will need to work around them.
- Keep Essentials Close By – When packing keep track of the essentials. Have one or a few boxes of things you will need straight away and keep it close by or on top of the other boxes. That way these items will be easily accessed and it will make the move run more smoothly when you arrive at your new home. Consider toothbrushes, cutlery and other items you will need to use everyday.
- Don’t Leave Packing Until the Last Minute – There will be people moving who have busy lives and leave packing until the last minute. Not only will this add extra stress to the move but it may also stop the move. Appliances like freezers need to be defrosted before transportation so this cannot be left until the last minute. Be organised you will thank yourself later.
- Double Check – Before you leave your old house for the last time you should double check everything. Check every room for left behind items and check over the details of your move again. Make sure the moving date is correct and that all your removals are on track to.
Moving is never going to be easy but by following these tips and being organised, your move will be as stress free as possible.